Call for Mini-Symposia & Special Sessions
Organizing a Mini-Symposium ‘MS’ and a Special Session ‘SS’
Participants interested in organizing an MS/SS as part of IABMAS 2020 are requested to submit a proposal to the conference secretariat by
February 15, 2019 March 15, 2019. Prospective MS/SS organizers should consider the following items prior to submitting the proposal:
- There are typically five presentations in a single session.
- An MS is normally composed of no fewer than three sessions on a single topic of substantial current interest and importance in bridge maintenance, safety, and management. An SS is normally composed of two or one sessions.
- Speakers should be selected primarily for their current contributions to the topic area.
- Speakers should be as representative of researchers in the area as possible.
- MS/SS organizer may speak as part of the MS/SS he/she is organizing.
- MS/SS are discouraged in which most of the speakers come from the same organization or if all co-authors on the papers being presented in an MS/SS are from the same organization.
Preparation of the Proposal
The MS/SS Organizer(s) are requested to provide the following information:
Describe the subject of the MS/SS as accurately and specifically as possible.
Provide the full name, title, affiliation, and email address.
Describe the MS/SS in not more than 100 words. The summary should be written to attract those who specifically work on the topic as well as those who work in related areas. Based on experience, the following outline is suggested:
- Explain the problem area to be addressed by the speakers and why it is important in significant applications.
- Identify current directions of research and methods being developed to solve problems.
- Describe the scope of the mini-symposium.
Submitting the Proposal
If you are interested in organizing an MS/SS as part of IABMAS 2020, please download a proposal form from the following button.
After filling out the form, please submit it to the congress secretariat by
February 15, 2019 March 15, 2019 via e-mail.
In the subject of the email message, please indicate “IABMAS 2020 Mini-Symposium Proposal” or “IABMAS 2020 Special Session Proposal”.
February 15, 2019 March 15, 2019 CLOSED
Submission Address : firstname.lastname@example.org